Camp Rocky 2021
57TH YEAR AND AWARD WINNING - CAMP ROCKY
July 11-16th 2021 | DIVIDE, COLORADO
Camp Rocky Information
Camp Rocky is an educational, week long residential camp for 14 through 19 year olds who enjoy the outdoors and are interested in natural resources!
Camp is located outside Divide, Colorado. Camp Rocky’s professional staff helps participants learn about their environment through hands-on experiences. Students work in teams, making new friends from across Colorado.
Each year, new and returning students choose one of the following resource fields for their area of focus: Rangeland Science Forestry Management Soil and Water Science Fish and Wildlife Management At the end of the week, students will use their group learning plan to complete a management project. Additional camper activities include volleyball games, hiking, a campfire, group challenges, nightly natural resource presentations, and a talent show!
Sponsored by the Colorado Association of Conservation Districts, with the help of other natural resource conservation partners.
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL CONSERVATION DISTRICT FOR LIMITED SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABILITY.
Join the Camp Rocky Team!
A SALUTE TO CAMP ROCKY 2019 SUPPORTERS!
We would like to express a special THANK YOU to the following sponsors & supporters:
2019 Corporate & Partner Sponsors:
2019 Conservation District Sponsors:
Supporting Partners, Staff, and Instructors:
Camp Rocky Program Director:
- Amy Gossman
- Colorado State Conservation Board‐CDA: Cindy Lair, Program Mgr.
- USDA‐NRCS: Clint Evans, Co State Conservationist
- Alyssa Clarida, CSCB-Conservation Specialist‐Western Slope Region
- Ben Berlinger, Rangeland Mgmt. Specialist, NRCS
- Dan Nosal, Rangeland Mgmt. Specialist, NRCS
- Kimberly Diller, Rangeland Mgmt. Specialist, NRCS
Soil and Water Conservation:
- Beth Fortman, Soil Conservationist, NRCS
- Ciara Ahrens, Soil Conservationist, NRCS
- Jeﬀ Goats, Resource Soil Scientist /Soil Health Coordinator
Fish and Wildlife Management:
- Ty Woodward, Private Lands Wildlife Biologist‐NRCS, Bird conservancy of The Rockies
- Tim Kroening, Colorado Parks & Wildlife
- Patty Knupp, Area Biologist, NRCS