Gary Moyer, CACD’s President, Cindy Lair, Program Manager for the Colorado State Conservation Board (CSCB) and I met with our newly assigned Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) State Conservationist, Clint Evans, at his office in the Federal Center, in Denver. Some of the conversation included ideas about:
- the critical need for re-establishing a healthy and productive relationship between NRCS and the 76 Conservation Districts throughout Colorado;
- establishing regular working group meetings between NRCS, CSCB, and CACD;
- strengthening the District Technical Assistance Program;
- participation by CACD and CSCB in NRCS Area/District Conservationist meetings;
- assuring that NRCS has a bigger presence at our ten Watershed group meetings, along with greater support at CACD’s Annual meeting; and
- facilitating NRCS’s better understanding of the issues and concerns that the conservation districts face on a week-to-week and month-to-month basis.